- If the specific data elements of personal information are provided to the requestor electronically, to the extent technically feasible, they must be provided in a readily transferable electronic format.
- Individuals may request to have their personal information deleted.
Disclosures about Sharing /Sale
- Individuals may request an accounting of the disclosures, including sale, of personal information made to third parties; this significantly expands upon the existing California “Shine the Light” law.
- Individuals may object to the sale of personal information about them
- Minors or their guardian must affirmatively authorize the sale of the minor’s personal information.
Non-Discrimination and Financial Incentives
- Businesses may not discriminate against consumers for opting out of the sale of their personal information.
- Businesses may not deny products or services or offer differential pricing or rates, unless directly related to the value of the data to the consumer.
- Business may offer and enter into fair and transparent financial incentive programs for the collection, sale, and disclosure of personal information with informed consent of consumers.
- Specific communications and training obligations for responsible personnel.