Modern Workplace: Endpoint Management
AN MDS SECURITY & COMPLIANCE SUCCESS STORY
MDS implemented endpoint management for an animal health provider, securing their users.
As a global company, the client wanted to have a better security framework and procedures set in place to keep them compliant and secure, without disrupting their employee’s work. The client was not confident in their endpoint security and who could access what data.
We were able to implement the MDS Cybersecurity Services and Solutions offering and Cybersecurity Roadmap. The scope of this engagement was to assist the client in designing, implementing, and integrating the MDS annual security advisory service as well as security operational management. MDS assisted in implementing:
- A Security Program Strategy to align information security policy and strategy with business goals.
- Threat and Vulnerability Management to uncover and remediate flaws and vulnerabilities in their security systems.
- Enterprise Risk and Compliance to better understand risk through an IT risk assessment and make informed decisions about how to manage it.
- Security Architecture, Governance, and Implementation to help the client make decisions about the right technology, architecture, and projects to ensure enterprise and network security standards.
- Enterprise Incident Management to improve response to unauthorized intrusion attacks.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) to design, implement, and test IAM systems that better enable business processes.
- Data security and governance to protect critical information.
- Education and Awareness to promote behavior that can improve security and reduce risk.
- Managed Security Services to provide your team with turnkey security solutions.
- Azure Sentinel for threat hunting and advanced threat intelligence analytics.
This implementation significantly impacted how the client ran internally. It not only simplified and optimized their IT operations with various improvements but also helped them meet the security and compliance requirements that they were previously struggling with. As a global entity, they had to meet strict compliance regulations such as CCPA, GDPR, the NY SHIELD Act, and NY DFS. By utilizing the Microsoft’s suite of security products and our expertise, they were able to comply. On top of that, with MDS getting Microsoft funding for them, their ROI was significantly higher than otherwise expected.
We also eliminated various other security tools into one package, consolidating the tools they used, cutting down costs, and increasing productivity. All these components enabled them to have a more secure, cloud solution, and improved user experience. By transforming their cloud and online services, this allowed the client to have full cloud management securely on all devices and applications.